25 Ideas To Improve Group Process
- Set agenda in advance.
- All team members attend unless excused.
- Be on time.
- Review and agree on agenda.
- Stick to the agenda.
- Agree on, stick to timing.
- No side conversations.
- No interruptions, phone calls, or wandering in and out.
- Team members use good meeting behavior (helping factors).
- Summarize results/action steps at end; send out in writing.
Basic Rules of Brainstorming
- Everyone is expected to participate.
- No criticism or evaluation of anyone’s ideas is allowed.
- No idea is labeled silly or dumb.
- Participants should build on one another’s idea to gain momentum, trigger new thoughts and increase creativity.
Team Building Behaviors
- Being open
- Being honest
- Being direct
- Contributing ideas
- Riding on others’ ideas
- Supportive conflict
- Clarifying – restating issues
- Listening to understand
- Willingness to be influenced
- Willingness to give up your interest